Standing Cable Wood Chop Images
Standing Cable Wood Chop Instructions
- Connect a standard handle to a tower, and move the cable to the highest pulley position.
- With your side to the cable, grab the handle with one hand and step away from the tower. You should be approximately armâ€™s length away from the pulley, with the tension of the weight on the cable. Your outstretched arm should be aligned with the cable.
- With your feet positioned shoulder width apart, reach upward with your other hand and grab the handle with both hands. Your arms should still be fully extended.
- In one motion, pull the handle down and across your body to your front knee while rotating your torso.
- Keep your back and arms straight and core tight while you pivot your back foot and bend your knees to get a full range of motion.
- Maintain your stance and straight arms. Return to the neutral position in a slow and controlled manner.
- Repeat to failure.
- Then, reposition and repeat the same series of movements on the opposite side.
Tip: You will twist your entire body with this exercise, but really focus on getting maximal torso rotation and a strong clinch at the end of the movement. To ensure a good mind-muscle connection, keep your abs tense at all times.