Smith Machine Shrug Images
Smith Machine Shrug Instructions
- To begin, set the bar height on the smith machine around the middle of your thighs. Once the correct height is chosen and the bar is loaded, grab the bar using a pronated grip (palms facing you) shoulder width apart from each other.
- Lift the barbell up and fully extend your arms with your back straight. This is the starting position.
- While exhaling, elevate the bar by raising your shoulders until they come close to touching your ears.
- Hold the contraction for a second before lowering the bar back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.