Ab Roller Images
Ab Roller Instructions
- Hold the Ab Roller with both hands and kneel on the floor.
- Now place the ab roller on the floor in front of you so that you are on all your hands and knees (as in a kneeling push up position). This will be your starting position.
- Slowly roll the ab roller straight forward, stretching your body into a straight position. Tip: Go down as far as you can without touching the floor with your body. Breathe in during this portion of the movement.
- After a pause at the stretched position, start pulling yourself back to the starting position as you breathe out. Tip: Go slowly and keep your abs tight at all times.
Barbell Thruster Images
Barbell Thruster Instructions
- Set the bar in a rack slightly below shoulder level so that when under it, your knees are slightly bent. Rest the bar on top of the front deltoids, pushing into the clavicles, and lightly touching the throat. Your hands should be in a clean grip, touching the bar only with your fingers to help keep it in position.
- To unrack the bar, push upward into it and push your hips forward. Step away from the rack and position your legs using a shoulder-width medium stance with the toes slightly pointed out. Keep your head and elbows up at all times. Your triceps should remain parallel with the ground. Keep a neutral neck and flat back. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into a squat by pushing your hips and butt back. Continue down until the upper legs are at or just below parallel to the floor. Inhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- As you prepare to ascend, push through your heels and begin to wrap your fingers tightly around the bar for a firm grip. As you near the top of your squat, begin pressing the bar up towards the ceiling, allowing your neck to hyperextend so that the bar has room to move.
- A final position will be one in which your arms are fully extended overhead and your legs straight. Maintain tightness from head to toe.
- Lower the bar slowly, allowing your knees to bend to lessen the blow. Immediately transition back into the squatting movement to continue into the next repetition. Repeat for recommended number of repetitions.
Not Yet Rated
Also known as TRX Biceps Curl
Suspended Curl Images
Suspended Curl Instructions
- Adjust the straps to put the handles around chest height. Facing the suspension system, grasp the handles with a supinated (underhand) grip. Keeping your body rigid, lean back allowing your elbows to straighten. This will be your starting position.
- Perform the movement by flexing the elbows, pulling yourself upward. Do not cheat or compensate, using only your biceps to execute the exercise. At the top of the motion, pause, and then lower yourself to the staring position.
Overhead Cable Curl Images
Overhead Cable Curl Instructions
- To begin, set a weight that is comfortable on each side of the pulley machine. Note: Make sure that the amount of weight selected is the same on each side.
- Now adjust the height of the pulleys on each side and make sure that they are positioned at a height higher than that of your shoulders.
- Stand in the middle of both sides and use an underhand grip (palms facing towards the ceiling) to grab each handle. Your arms should be fully extended and parallel to the floor with your feet positioned shoulder width apart from each other. Your body should be evenly aligned the handles. This is the starting position.
- While exhaling, slowly squeeze the biceps on each side until your forearms and biceps touch.
- While inhaling, move your forearms back to the starting position. Note: Your entire body is stationary during this exercise except for the forearms.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions prescribed in your program.