Spider Curl Images
Spider Curl Instructions
- Start out by setting the bar on the part of the preacher bench that you would normally sit on. Make sure to align the barbell properly so that it is balanced and will not fall off.
- Move to the front side of the preacher bench (the part where the arms usually lay) and position yourself to lay at a 45 degree slant with your torso and stomach pressed against the front side of the preacher bench.
- Make sure that your feet (especially the toes) are well positioned on the floor and place your upper arms on top of the pad located on the inside part of the preacher bench.
- Use your arms to grab the barbell with a supinated grip (palms facing up) at about shoulder width apart or slightly closer from each other.
- Slowly begin to lift the barbell upwards and exhale. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps.
- Slowly begin to bring the barbell back to the starting position as your breathe in. .
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Machine Bicep Curl Images
Machine Bicep Curl Instructions
- Adjust the seat to the appropriate height and make your weight selection. Place your upper arms against the pads and grasp the handles. This will be your starting position.
- Perform the movement by flexing the elbow, pulling your lower arm towards your upper arm.
- Pause at the top of the movement, and then slowly return the weight to the starting position.
- Avoid returning the weight all the way to the stops until the set is complete to keep tension on the muscles being worked.
Not Yet Rated
Dumbbell Front Squat Images
Dumbbell Front Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, holding a pair of light dumbbells down by your sides. Clean the dumbbells up to your shoulders so that one end of each dumbbell rests on top of each shoulder. Balance the dumbbells on your shoulder by holding on to dumbbells with elbows facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your head facing forward, your back straight, and your chest high, squat down by bending your hips back while allowing knees to come forward slightly, keeping your back straight and knees pointed in the same direction as your feet. Descend until your thighs are at parallel, or just past parallel to floor.
- To return to the starting position, extend your knees and hips until your legs are straight. Repeat for the recommended number of reps.
Scissors Jump Images
Scissors Jump Instructions
- Assume a lunge stance position with one foot forward with the knee bent, and the rear knee nearly touching the ground.
- Ensure that the front knee is over the midline of the foot. Extending through both legs, jump as high as possible, swinging your arms to gain lift.
- As you jump as high as you can, switch the position of your legs, moving your front leg to the back and the rear leg to the front.
- As you land, absorb the impact through the legs by adopting the lunge position, and repeat.