Hammer Grip Incline DB Bench Press Images
Hammer Grip Incline DB Bench Press Instructions
- Lie back on an incline bench with a dumbbell on each hand on top of your thighs. The palms of your hand will be facing each other.
- By using your thighs to help you get the dumbbells up, clean the dumbbells one arm at a time so that you can hold them at shoulder width.
- Once at shoulder width, keep the palms of your hands with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Keep your elbows flared out with the upper arms in line with the shoulders (perpendicular to the torso) and the elbows bent creating a 90-degree angle between the upper arm and the forearm. This will be your starting position.
- Now bring down the weights slowly to your side as you breathe in. Keep full control of the dumbbells at all times.
- As you breathe out, push the dumbbells up using your pectoral muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, hold for a second and then start coming down slowly. Tip: It should take at least twice as long to go down than to come up.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- When you are done, place the dumbbells back in your thighs and then on the floor. This is the safest manner to dispose of the dumbbells.